[Jandek] That Jandek Survey

Brian Johnson robotmachine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 16:23:16 PDT 2006

Are you male or female?
Male.

What part of the world do you come from?
I come from South Carolina, I reside in Southern California.

How did you get into Jandek? What is your 'story'?
I read a blurb about Jandek On Coorwood somewhere. Someone told me
that his music was unlistenable garbage... so then I decided to buy
Blue Corpse. Also, Mr. Tisue's site helped a lot.

How do you define being a Jandek fan? Do you consider yourself a Jandek fan?
It's up to the person to claim fandom... it would be wrong to say I'm
not a fan, considering how much of the man's music I have.

Why did you join the mailing list? How often do you post? Do you use
the digest format?
I joined because no one I knew understood why anyone would listen to
Jandek. I think this is the second thing I have posted.

What do your friends and family think about Jandek?
What do they think about you listening to Jandek?
No one that I know have made it through a whole song of his without
giving me strange looks.

To what extent does the 'myth of Jandek' – the mystery surrounding his
identity – appeal to you?
The myth got me interested in him, I read up about him on Seth's site
a bit before getting any music.

Have you ever tried to contact Corwood Industries or Sterling Smith
for reasons other than placing an order? What happened?
I asked for a catalog. I recieved a catalog.

What is your perception of other Jandek fans?
They most likely listen to Jandek.

Why do you like Jandek?
I have no idea. At first, I thought that I didn't really like Jandek,
just that 'the mystery' was so interesting. I now have most of his
music and listen to it any time that no one is around to complain.
I've even considered getting an iPod nano just for Jandek.

How often do you listen to Jandek?
It depends. I have gone without listening to him at all, save when he
comes up on random on my computer.

What other music do you listen to?
The only thing that I don't really like is American Pop from the mid
90's and later. Pretty much every thing else I like.

Is there anything I have not asked that you would like to tell me?
I wish that I could see Jandek live.

-
Brian Johnson - robotmachine [dot] net
Ég gaf ykkur von sem varš aš vonbrigšum.. žetta er įgętis byrjun.