[Jandek] additional jandek performance added in glasgow (instal '05)

Nancy Novotny nan at io.com
Fri Oct 7 09:09:11 PDT 2005

hi--

i'm pretty new to the list, and this is my first post.  apologies if
this info has already been posted--my email's been acting a little
wonky, and i feel like i might have missed some messages this
morning.  anyway, i hope barry esson won't mind me forwarding
portions of the message he sent to the instal '05 mailing list today:

-------snip-------

First off, we've added an additional, short performance by Jandek on the
Sunday night of the festival.  it features new collaborations, and is
born our of a mutual respect; it should be very special and I hope some
of you can make it along.

. . .

While writing, I'll note the line up again.  Thanks for your support,
and I do humbly hope some of you can make it along both to the festival
next weekend and the fringe events, starting this Wednesday [gulp -
seems very soon].

Regards [warmest]: B

Instal 05
Brave New Music
The Arches, Glasgow
14/15/16-Oct
www.instal.org.uk

Friday
Jandek
JOJO
Black Boned Angel
UP-TIGHT

Saturday
Tetuzi Akiyama
Birchville Cat Motel
directing hand
Rauhan Orkesteri
Sun City Girls
Hijokaidan

Sunday
Ingar Zach + Rhodri Davies
Tom Bruno
Loren Mazzacane Connors + Alan Licht
Jandek
Henri Chopin
Chie Mukai
Pauline Oliveros + David Dove

-------snip-------

new collaborations borne out of mutual respect, eh?  sounds
interesting!  i also hope that maybe, just maybe this means that the
first performance by jandek at the festival will feature an older
collaboration, specifically jandek with richard youngs and alex
neilson.  i'm a HUGE richard youngs fan, but i'm becoming quite an
alex neilson fan, too.  (i just got richard and alex's own
collaborative lp, "beating stars," and, while not really jandekian,
it is truly divine.)

incidentally, i live in houston, but i am traveling to glasgow
specifically to see jandek and the instal festival.   (i do love the
irony of this!)  i have tickets to the london show, too, and am
really looking forward to that one.  i have yet to see a jandek live
performance.  i missed out on tickets to the austin show, then i had
tickets to the ill-fated new orleans show, but we all know what
happened there.  so why not glasgow and london, i say?

best to all,

nancy novotny