[Jandek] Where can I find Jandek records in Belgium?

Davidson Roberts soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 22:45:17 PDT 2005

Nah, I was just kidding around, making note of the fact that this list seems to function more for newcomers and casual fans than uber-geeks like me. Anyone making an effort to get ahold of some Jandek records is fine by me. And yeah, it is true that Eurpoeans on the whole are just a lot hipper than Americans- after all, it took a bunch of English kids to finally get white America to pay attention to the blues. But I don't think Jandek's boycotting America as you imply; it just seems like people are more friendly to experimental music over on your side of the pond. Of course I could be wrong about that too.

-Dave

Ross Em <indiejanglefunkterrorist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Sorry we bore you.  Its not so easy for us in Europe to get a hold of records, yanky.

"Why wont Jandek play his home country??"
Clearly because his "home" country doesnt feel much like home.

We're in the Kingdom He Likes.

Roscoe
Single Cell Press

SINGLE CELL PRESS
www.singlecellpress.co.uk

"This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted to do." - Woody Guthrie.