[Jandek] Jandek plays 3 US shows

Richard Rees Jones richard.rees-jones at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 24 02:52:08 PDT 2005

At 11:23 AM -0500 23/7/05, Allen Rendel wrote:
>Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.  I live in the Chicago & the show is in
>New York.  I'm supposed to make the 1500 mile round trip twice to show my
>committment?  As it is it will cost me $600-800 to get to NYC, have a place
>to stay and be at the show, plus several days off work.
>
>Allen

I just think you have to accept the fact that this show is
effectively for New Yorkers, tell yourself you're not going to be
able to make it and wait for him to play in Chicago.  This is what's
happened to me - he's done two shows in the north of England now and
one in Scotland.  I live in the south of England and I would have
loved to attend, but I couldn't afford to get up there or to take the
time off work.  Those are the breaks.

Richard