[Jandek] jandek on corwood soundtrack sources?

chthonic chthonic at chthonicstreams.com
Fri Jan 21 16:06:36 PST 2005

From: Gregg Turek <yuus at optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:37:16 -0500

>I think if you listen to the Director's commentary, he mentions that
some of
>the slow music at the end is actually Jandek slowed down.  The
one used in
>the trailer is a slowed down Jandek song too.

ahh that's too bad.  any idea what pieces he slowed down?  any
other jandek songs similar to the strange beauty of "om"?

i find i'm partial to the higher-voiced, ethereal, acoustic jandek as
opposed to the hard electric stuff.  although i'm not against the
drums, i really don't like the electric guitar, and i'm especially tired
of more traditionally bluesy playing.  based on that, can anyone
make any more recommendations to me other than Ready for the
House, Chair Beside a Window, Blue Corpse, and Somebody in
the Snow?

i think i identified one song i liked as "i'm ready", but the rest of that
album seems like it's a harder-edged one.  is that the case?

d.