[Jandek] Re: jandek Digest, Vol 53, Issue 30

spoon-unit spoon-unit at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 02:04:39 PST 2005

On the contrary, I wouldn¹t have any problems with Jandek being a Christian
any more than I would have a problem with him being a Zoroastrian. I am,
however, troubled by the spurious use of lyric fragments in order to try and
³prove² something about him ­ it is, as I think I explained in my last post,
possible to ³prove² a great variety of different theories by selective
quoting ­ yet remain wide of the mark. I think that any attempt at forensic
examination of his lyrics in order to flesh out the man is doomed to
failure.