[Jandek] Time delays and death thoughts

graeme at halfcutpublications.com graeme at halfcutpublications.com
Fri Dec 9 14:44:52 PST 2005

I think you could be right about the mid period stuff with collaborators. Even if it wasn't recorded before his first records, it seems like there was a long(ish) delay in releasing it, judging from the letter to Irwin Chusid in Dec 82 quoted in the collaborators part of this website.

In it, Jandek refers to Nancy, John etc in the past tense, which implies that he's no longer working (or even in contact with them). Referring to Nancy as a 'hillbilly type' also seems a bit derogatory - maybe they fell out?

But he also mentions having already recorded lots more electric stuff with Nancy singing and the other collaborators - and I'm sure none of this was released (or even close to being released) at the time he wrote that letter.