[Jandek] Austin show review

Aaron Russell aaron at suchfun.net
Tue Aug 30 10:25:50 PDT 2005

No, he was not contacted by Corwood.  As I understand it, Dave Dove
(a great trombonist from Houston) was asked by Barry Esson to put
together a group of musicians to Jandek's specifications (two
drummers and a bassist).  Dave selected musicians that he thought
would be appropriate for the performance, and I think he did a great
job.

Nick did write Corwood last year requesting Jandek to play in Texas,
but I do not think that Jandek had anything to do with his being
selected to play at this show.

Aaron