[Jandek] More Theories

Paul Condon paulgcondon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 05:51:04 PDT 2005

On 8/10/05, HPEllison at aol.com <HPEllison at aol.com> wrote:
> Being a relatively new Jandek fan, I have to know a little more about the
> idea behind jandek's albums being non-linear in their inception.  Is this all
> just speculation,

In a word - yes.
Some of the 80s albums seem to be compiled from various different
sessions, and material that seems to be from one particular session
may be spread over two or more albums. It seems that this material was
not released in the order of recording, and this raises the genuine
possibility that this practice has continued throughout his career.
In the absence of much in the way of evidence, most of what appears on
this board is mere speculation, though ranging from thoughtful
educated guesses to illogical crackpot theories...