[Jandek] Mighty Declarations

chthonic streams chthonic at chthonicstreams.com
Wed Apr 13 19:15:59 PDT 2005

>As for the theory that "Ready for the House" is the only pure
>record, I personally think this is a >ridiculous point of view.
>Nothing is ever recorded in a vacuum.  No record made by humans
>is >recorded in a vacuum.

perhaps this was overstated originally or i simplified the quote from
the movie.  what i think was meant by this was, this album had no
outside critical reaction that could have influenced it.  once
someone knows people are listening, or even reads reviews (and jandek
obviously read the option review, as stated in the film), it's going
to affect the output after that somewhat.  it's almost unavoidable.

d.