[Jandek] Re: jandek Digest, Vol 53, Issue 63

Christopher tm xopher.tm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:24:36 PDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 9:51 AM, SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
<SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca> wrote:

> It features a BAR CODE?

It's been a legal requisite for some years that any record, tape, or
compact disc sold in the state of California must bear a barcode
(unless this has changed recently w/o my knowledge). Don't know if any
other states have this law, or even why this law came about, but there
you are.*

--
Christopher™

You remember that mouse they grew a human ear on?

I found an ear the other day. I'm gonna try and grow me a mouse.

* Please don't email me with a list of CDs you bought w/o barcodes. I
know that the law is mostly ignored. I've also seen more than one
indie shop closed down for the day while the five-oh confiscated,
catalogued, and destroyed every barcodeless "bootleg" in the shop.