[Jandek] Blue Corpse edits

Steve Bouton sleeve at efn.org
Wed Apr 6 22:33:52 PDT 2005

For some reason, this really, really bothers me.  I don't trust artists
who think they can second-guess themselves later in their careers and
try to rewrite their history.  This is very different than including or
cutting studio chatter.  It reminds me more of the butcher job Frank
Zappa did on the early Mothers albums when they came out on CD.  I have
a lot of trouble thinking of the new version of "Only Lover" as
"authentic" in any way.  Jeez, it was almost 20 years ago.  Leave the
damn song alone, man.  I know it's his trip and he can do what he
wants, but again, I think this is a troubling development.