[Jandek] damn you guys are harsh

Cameron Allen death_cactus at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 17:47:40 PST 2004

Actually, I think Lou recently performed a version of MMM at a festival
in Europe... I remember his last interview in the Wire had him talking
seriously about MMM (and this was at the release of The Raven, too).

Here's something from a trader's page:

Artist
 Lou Reed & Zeitkratzer
 Title/Date 13 Pieces Meditations On Poe/Metal Machine Music – Berlin
20020317

Songs
 Interview/13 Pieces Meditations On Poe/Metal Machine Music

Comment
 The first ever live performance of Metal Machine Music. No, it’s not a
joke. German ensemble Zeitkratzer perform it, along with a bunch of
music from Lou Reed and Robert Wilson’s play POEtry. Lou sits in on
guitar towards the end. Good interview. Pretty good audience recording,
but I’d recommend the Venice recording (see below) if you’re not a
completist.