[Jandek] Re: jandek Digest, Vol 52, Issue 128

Josh Ronsen austinnitus at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 08:39:10 PST 2004

"Jandek on Corwood" wrote:

> We shipped the product to wholesalers early to give
> them time to get it out to stores.  These
> wholesalers were given the stipulation that the DVD
> not be resold before November 24th.

Can you imagine getting such a stipulation from
Corwood? "Hold on to "The Door Behind" until November
24 for coordinated national release with VH1 special."

Record release dates have always seemed pointless to
me (and I know why International Corporations have
offical release dates). I'm at the record store, with
money, the record I want is just over there, but I
have to wait 10 minutes until after midnight to buy
it. Luckily I am not faced with this quagmire too
often. Bureaucracies are nice and all, but I'd prefer
not to deal with them when going to my local record
store.

-Josh Ronsen
in Austin, Texas