[Jandek] Jandek on Corwood

billie matson ardramina at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:48:53 PST 2004

I just received my Jandek on Corwood from Forced Exposure.  It was
facinating.  A great introduction to Jandek for the uninitiated.  But the
interview with Sterling Smith? Jandek? at the end is amazing. Can you
believe how well spoken he is?  It, for me, dispels alot of the notions that
he is some kind of total recluse or mentally ill.  I don't think someone who
is never out in the world could be so easy in conversation with someone.  We
learn alot more than I would ever have imagined.  The origins of "Jandek",
the one man being Corwood industries, his tuning process... admittedly I am
somewhat of a beginner here so some of you know these things but I am really
blown away with it.   I actually haven't listened to the whole interview in
the extras because I was too overwhelmed with what I learned in the segment
played in the movie.  Savoring it bit by bit if you will.
A great thank you to the creators of this film and the contributors.  It was
an extraordinary project and masterfully executed.
   Billie