[Jandek] The Real Reason for the Catalog Number Choice

Daniel Marks alfredggnome at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 01:06:31 PDT 2004

Or so I think. Be warned, this is another of my
patented "Crazy-ass Jandek Theories".

Okay so Ready for the House is Corwood 0739, right. I
was thinking the other day. How maybe albums does he
have now... hmmm. 36 counting Shadow of Leaves. He
puts out a record a year, right. So in 2007 he'll put
out album number 39. So in 07, it'll be number
39....0739.....hey!

So what does this mean? Could he have had a plan of
release all these years, and number 39 is doomed to be
the last? Or is it just a crazy coincidence?

I had the most insane, viceral, cathartic one man jam
with "only lover" yesterday. I wish i had recorded it.
It's sheer power.

"I keep repeatin'/ It takes a beatin'"

D.M.