[Jandek] jandek vs residents

Nigel Koop - SAHEC nigel at massage.net.au
Tue Jul 13 23:20:12 PDT 2004

One thing that strikes me with Jandek's music is a vocal similarity with The
Residents.  I don't know the Residents too extensively there though, so I
maybe completely wrong.  I did a search about this one the web and found an
old posting on this list about Miroslav Wanek, a musician that seemed to
have some association with the Residents who was approached by Jandek for a
collaboration (imagine getting *that* letter in the mail!!) - but from that
posting it seemed like Wanek knows who the Residents are and didn't
immediately remember who Jandek was, thus eliminating the theory that Jandek
is one of the Residents....  just kicking an idea around.  Are there any
other links between Mr J & The Residents?

nige/