[Jandek] butts for jandek 2004

Jonathan Bell genghisjhan at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 08:02:16 PST 2004

I was under the impression that Jandek was a fairly conservative Christian,
both from some of the songs and from peoples' personal experiences with him.
If that's true, might this offend his sensibilities? And does he really need
cheering up? Sure, he's written some dark songs over the years, but it's a
little presumptuous to think that he's spent the past 27 years in some sort
of emotional cul-de-sac.

In any case, it's pretty asinine and in bad taste. I'd like to think Jandek
fans are as a whole a little above, say, Limp Bizkit fans.

"I'm gonna send Def Leppard a photo of my ass, in hopes that it might cheer
them up a little." Now see how stupid it sounds?

Maybe I'm just being a curmudgeon,
Jon