[Jandek] Harp

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Sun Aug 22 18:08:16 PDT 2004

Hi Brobish,

This comes a bit late, but I've been getting slowly caught up on
email.  I'm not familiar with the later harp, not having bought the
last couple years' worth of new discs, but I've always loved the
through-the-harmonica screams in _Blue Corpse_'s "Harmonica."  I
think I like that it sounds like "Silent Night" in other places,
which sets off the screaming nicely.  (And as RocketMorton and John
Eastridge can verify, I was vastly pleased when accordionist Steve
Pellegrino duplicated these in his J-night cover of the tune...on
accordion.)

Earlier than that (say, "Later On" period) it seems like there's a
Dylan-on-amphetamine quality to the harp playing.

-M

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/