[Jandek] How best to prepare??

NoSenseIsSense at aol.com NoSenseIsSense at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 13:50:00 PDT 2004

The first time I listened to a full Jandek album was while I was
house-sitting by myself at night.  I picked out a cd, turned it up loud enough to be heard
audibly in other rooms, and I sat in the kitchen (on the opposite end of the
house). I can't quite explain the feeling, but being in a strange darkened
house by myself with On the Way permiating every recess of the place just kind of
went hand in hand.  I did the same thing with Chair Beside a Window,
Interstellar Disscussion, Blue Corpse, and You Walk Alone.  It almost felt like
actually being there while Jandek recorded the music.  I tried listening to it
during the day or in a car or with other people but the same feeling never occurs.

Liz