[Jandek] Re: Introduction

Joe Faust boddekker at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 05:22:56 PDT 2004

 > As I was introduced to this all pretty late in the
> game, I'm curious to know how long you all have
> been Jandek fans?

I first heard of Janek on November 19, 2001.  That's
when I followed a link from Cruel.com to Ian Kasley's
Jandek site, which featured songs not yet released on
CD (the site is now gone since everything is now
available).  The first song I clicked on was "Honey"
from Follow Your Footsteps - a bewildering experience
to say the least.

Immediately I was fascinated, but I didn't do anything
about it right away.  Instead, the Jandek story
haunted me until a year later, when I started
listening to excerpts from his albums on the Aquarius
Records web site.  That's when I got hooked.

In 2003 I bought my first three Jandek albums from
Corwood, and have been buying them three at a time
ever since (I don't want to get too overwhelmed).  Now
I'd say I listen to 50% Jandek and 50% everything
else.

b.