[Jandek] Introduction...

chuckp8 at juno.com chuckp8 at juno.com
Tue Aug 3 05:24:56 PDT 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 17:43:20 -0700 (PDT) Na Na <ketaminesun at yahoo.com>
writes:
> As I was introduced to this all pretty late in the
> game, I'm curious to know how long you all have been
> Jandek fans?

Since 1994... when I picked up a copy of Graven Image because of the
photograph on the front of the CD.  Took me a while to grasp what I was
listening to.  Confounded me, bewildered me.  Scared me even, just a
little.

Took a while before I became rabid, maybe a couple few years.

Then I bought White Box Requiem when I saw it in a SF record store, and
that's when I began scooping up bits and pieces when I had the cash and
watching closely for the new stuff.  Finished my collection only a couple
of years ago, but glad I did.

Never did get a chance to buy any LP's, but have recordings of about a
dozen of them.  The subtle changes make it worthwhile.

Good question.  Interested to hear more about others' first times.

CP

PS.  Anyone notice the similarities between some of Jandek's song titles
and Frank Sinatra's?  Just asking...