[Jandek] Jandek Cover Night

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 19:45:07 PST 2007

Brad B wrote:
> Who attended?

Full report soon, but we had contributions from local guitarist and
promoter Johan Nystrom (he did a great couple of
drumstick-in-the-strings covers of earlier stuff), solo dark electronics
expert My Boyfriend The Pilot, who turned in an excellent crunchy and
soulful "God Came Between Us" (however she feels about it, it was
great), and I did a trio of covers, the best of which was a version of
"Down in a Mirror" with chanted vocals over no-input backing.

We also had a couple long-distance contributions from Matt Love and this
list's Naythen Wilson (an excellent "Janky" and "They Told Me About
You").  Matt's Mediterranean funk version of "Pending Doom" was first
up, and chased out all the patrons except for one hardy soul who stayed
through the whole thing.  The other innocent bystanders were a friend of
MBTP's, and the two avant-gardiste guys working the shop that night.

In my opinion, it was a successful night--just a few people, but the
right few people.  My only regret was that my friend Unfinished
Symphonies had a family responsibility, and couldn't do a performance
he'd been psyched about.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/