[Jandek] Blue Corpse exhumed

Paul Condon paulgcondon at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:46:15 PST 2004

Since there's been a distinct dearth of anorak stuff on the list recently...

I was curious about the backward vocals that can be heard leaking through on
the cd version of Blue Corpse, so I recorded a few parts of the album onto
my 4-track and played them backwards. I didn't discover evidence of any lost
tracks... the only bit I could make out was from Harmonica - at one point
you can hear the lines "I laugh to myself / It's all on the shelf" from The
Way That You Act (from You Walk Alone). This seems to indicate that Blue
Corpse and You Walk Alone were recorded on the same reel of tape, which
shows thriftiness if nothing else...

I was recently listening to (the underrated!) I Woke Up, and noticed for the
first time that, as well as Long Long, Take It Easy features a Jandek vocal.
This is very obvious when you listen to it, but for some reason I never
copped before.

End of trainspotting...