[Jandek] Corwood's 1000 Minimum Order

Jason Henn jason.henn at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:30:32 PDT 2011

Hey, Gavin,

Thanks for responding in so much detail. I am really curious about your copy
of Ready for the House. I've only seen two or three original copies in my
life, and they all have heavy covers and the exact same printing and labels.
I've also never thought to check matrix numbers for any of the Corwood
albums, naturally assuming there was only one pressing of each. I'm going to
check tonight--I have a copy of Ready for the House that I borrowed to make
a digital transfer. Anyone else want to compare matrix numbers?

> I'm glad someone else has time-travel record collector fantasies!

Definitely! I've been thinking about this all day trying to imagine, even if
I had heard of Jandek in 1993, what I would have done with 1000 Jandek
albums, let alone how many paper routes I would have needed to pay for them.
That would have been a real red flag for parents of a depressed teenager:
withdrawn, socially awkward, owns 1000 sealed copies of an album called Blue
Corpse.

Jason