[Jandek] Jandek Irvine show on DIME torrent tracker??

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:15:22 PST 2011

Okay, my last word on this, I swear, but I wanted to make a point regarding
Jandek's press releases surrounding shows. What the curator puts out IS an
official press release, even if it doesn't come from 77220. The curator is
officially representing Jandek for the purpose of the show and if the Irvine
show had the "no recording" tag on it then that IS an origination from
Corwood.

I also want to add that, despite all of this, I genuinely like DIME and have
used them in the past, though not for a few years. That's part of why I was
a bit perturbed, considering that they once pulled a fabulous never released
anywhere else Phillip Glass performance a few years back based on someone
who wrote in and reminded them of Glass's policy of no recording. So be it.
But why not hold the same policy for Jandek? Does the site really expect
every artist to be in contact personally? I would imagine most have their
agents do it and that's equivilant to my statement above regarding curators.

And yeah, I watch the YouTubes as well. It's been too long since I've been
at a show, damn it. Still, I can't put myself behind high quality audio
recordings, I just can't.