[Jandek] New and quite refreshing.

Donnie dtucker77 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 06:52:33 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Ed Saunders <esaundersfx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been thinking for weeks about making this first post.  I have only
> recently been shown the music
> of Jandek.  You would normally find me rocking out to Metallica or Disturbed
> (Understandably terrible in comparison to Jandek, Please don't hold that
> against me. hahaha)  I heard "White Box Requiem" and have been changed.  But
> there are so many things I have read about.  The whole thing seems hard to
> believe.  I am waiting to get my copy of Jandek on Corwood in the mail.  I
> have read many good mentions of it here on the list.  Which albums should I
> get next?  I

Well, everybody on this list has their own taste and you'll probably
end up getting a dozen different suggestions. As for me, I'd
recommend: Six and Six, Living In A Moon So Blue, Blue Corpse, Modern
Dances, Graven Image, Put My Dream On This Planet, Shadow of Leaves,
Glasgow Sunday (0779) and Skirting the Edge for starters. That way you
get a bit of his early acoustic stuff, his "garage band" stuff, bass
albums, spoken word albums, recent studio stuff and his live debut.

I'd also recommend taking advantage of the "buy 20 get 50%" discount.
If you liked White Box Requiem, chances are you'll end up wanting to
hear a lot more, so might as well save money on your order.

Just my .02 and hope this helps!
Donnie