[Jandek] Corwood's Pupil

Erik Jones erik.jones47 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 14:40:24 PST 2011

Anyone else heard of these guys? I've heard them a few times on Irwin Chusid's
radio show on WFMU and was interested. He said they are inspired by Jandek and
said how the cd cover was very similar. Interesting he'd play them since he sold
all his Corwood on ebay :-) I Googled them and found that they had been
mentioned before on this list too
http://mylist.net/archives/jandek/2010-October/005883.html

I ordered their cds (I found 2) to see the packaging. They came in today and the
layout is almost exactly the same as Corwood, except there's no PO Box...just an
email (and they use "Stoneridge" Industries rather than Corwood :-). The covers
are shot in a Jandek like way and show a couch (like Ready for this House but
not as art deco) and a b/w photo of a young male. On first listen, the music is
much more melodic than Jandek, but on a couple of the songs, you can tell
Corwood is an influence.

Anyone else seen/heard them? I can't find anything online other than places to
buy it, and that they're from Tennessee.