[Jandek] Canticle of cast away disc problem

Brendan Stewart brendankifostewart at gmail.com
Sun May 16 11:42:56 PDT 2010

It's interesting to hear these responses, I had thought it was just me,
but my copy (fresh out of the case, I mean fresh, out of my computer and
into the tray) skipped horribly for the first 30 seconds or so, something
which I still can't seem to fix, I imagine that there is some kind of
error with the lead in or something? Maybe some imperfection in a spindle
scratched up the discs...

...if you really want to play it, you could try a lower speed, that seems
to do pretty well with errors, I played mine at about 6x~ and got the
skipping down to about the first 25 seconds. Someone should send a letter
to corwood, maybe he can get a refund/reprint.

I got a response about torrenting/file sharing Jandeks music from Corwood,
and decided to stop sharing his stuff (as in sending full albums to
friends, not like I was shipping out thousands or anything, but it's sad
to think of 946 copies of I Woke Up sitting in a dark room...).

I did make a rip of Canticle, with the skipping on the first track, of
course, if you're willing to put up with that, I could send that rip to
you (in bold because this is a long post, sorry) while you wait for your
(tentative?) replacement from Corwood, just shoot me an E-mail,
brendankifostewart at gmail.com

Side note, this album is really good, like one review said, it sort of
carries the tone of Silent Wander from Not Hunting for Meaning.