[Jandek] Staring at the cellophane

Brendan Stewart brendankifostewart at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:06:34 PDT 2010

I may be mistaken, but it's my understanding that staring at the
cellophane is one of Jandek's least favored albums. Although some reviews
say otherwise, it seems that living in a moon so blue is considered
somewhat of a classic in his whole discography, and it seems that SATC is
mostly the same kind of material (well, more like very little of it is
different), yet it's completely neglected. What's up with that?

I was thinking, yea, okay, it could be the whole release date thing. It's
too similar to stuff that was before it, so it gets ignored when it comes
out and is then doomed to just sort of get looked over. Same thing
happened with new town. Is this :actually: an unfavored album (SATC)? Or
is it just something people put off?