[Jandek] RE: Jandek Having Fun on Stage (Danen Jobe)

Michael.Goldman at CH2M.com Michael.Goldman at CH2M.com
Wed Apr 14 04:23:31 PDT 2010

I think the clips on You Tube are about as good as we're going to get for Houston Sunday.  The "camera man" spent most his time filming the floor and the monitors instead getting the onstage action.  Plus, with his single handheld, I don't think things are going to be up to Corwood standards.

However, I completely agree on the quality of the performance.  It was a blast.

________________________________
From: jandek-bounces at mylist.net [mailto:jandek-bounces at mylist.net] On Behalf Of Chris Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:37 PM
To: jandek at mylist.net
Subject: [Jandek] RE: Jandek Having Fun on Stage (Danen Jobe)

Couldn't have said it better, Danen.  I've got the dvd here.  I've watched it twice now and agree completely.  Corwood really does appear to be having himself a good time throughout.

When Houston Sunday eventually drops, you'll see a lot of him at first trying to stay within the confines of his typical stage persona.  Eventually he seems to let his guard down to a major degree.  He smiled a lot and was so obviously having a blast.  Very fun seeing one of the "darkest" men in music play a warped funk show at a neighborhood bar in his hometown, smiling and grooving around and enjoying himself.  Lots of smiling.  I remember that much.

-Chris