[Jandek] Reminder: The Seventh Annual Open Mic Jandek Cover Night, Next Friday, 11/6

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Fri Oct 30 07:55:00 PDT 2009

You might not be able to get Naked In The Afternoon, but you can show up
fully clothed at the Seventh Annual Open Mic Jandek Cover Night, on
Friday, November 6, 2009, and perform one or more songs by the enigmatic
Houston-based singer/songwriter Jandek. Actual interpretation and
arrangement are up to you, but there are some space constraints, so acts
smaller than full-band-size would be best. That is, no full drum kits,
no stacks, no Keith Emerson keyboard rigs. There will be low-volume
amplification, and that all-important reverb for the vocals, and that's
about it. As always, anyone can perform...but you have to cover Jandek
tunes. (We'll have lyrics available if you need a refresher.)

The details: The show starts at 7:30 (ish), Friday, November 6, at
Morning Glory Coffeehouse in Morningside: 1806 Chislett St, Pittsburgh,
PA 15206. All ages. BYOB. Free.

If you notice the date, you'll see we're breaking with tradition a bit:
due to an already-scheduled show, this year's show will be on November 6
(Jandek Day observed) instead of the 5th. Maybe yinz all can do a
private observance on the 5th, and come on out for the 6th. So don't
just Pass By The Building or have Second Thoughts, but ask yourself
"What Can I Say What Can I Sing," Show the Man Your Picture, and come on
out to the Seventh Annual Open Mic Jandek Cover Night. You'll almost
certainly Come Through With a Smile.

Morning Glory Coffeehouse, 1806 Chislett St, Pittsburgh, PA 15206,
Friday, November 6, 7:30 PM. All Ages. BYOB. Free.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/