[Jandek] A special letter to Derekface and a PS to Jonathan Brodsky

Nate Wilson visioninapark at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 21 17:49:09 PST 2009

Well, I think it is evident that you didn't get the point of my article, even though Mr. Brodsky did.  I even mentioned how at one point in time, I was into destroying the myth, and yes I do realize that The Rep/Sterling/Whatever you want to call him, is just a normal person, and that a lot of people put him on an unnecessary pedestal.
Mr. Brodsky didn't drive me insane with his behavior, he just disrespected a person whom I have been in close contact with for 5 years.  I doesn't matter that it was JANDEK, I would have been this bothered if he published YOUR private information.  That is what it comes down to. That line had been crossed and I felt that it was irresponsible.
In the grand scheme of things, there are a handful of people that are close friends of mine on this list, all of which (including myself) have had very close contact with Sterling.  All of us were upset, and I think that it was important that we voiced that.
I don't know you at all, but I am pretty sure that you are level-headed person, who just like all of us, really enjoys the music, and maybe even some of the mystery. That in turn surprises me when you tell us to "Get the fuck over yourselves".  I am sure you could have dug into your thesaurus and mustered up something a little less sophomoric than that. I am quite sure that your response to this will be predictable, so surprise me, show me that somewhere inside of you, you can think through things and be intelligent and civil, and not have to resort to low blows and unimaginative swear words.
PS:  Jonathan, thank you for your kind words, and I am happy to have inspired you with my videos.  That does mean quite a bit to me.  You did not piss me off, in the least.  Thank you for being a rabid fan of his music, and I have enjoyed reading your blog reviews.  I will continue to be a fan of those.