[Jandek] Re: forums/new fans

Leo Holroyd leoholroyd at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 18 01:10:33 PST 2009

I'm not into arguing about music with people who like different things -
everyone has their own tastes and it doesn't bother me if people can't stand
Jandek - but we should remember that a lot of these people have only heard a
couple of live shows and that is what they're reacting to.

Jandek's live output tends to be a lot denser than the studio albums
(particularly the older ones) and it's no surprise that people are totally
baffled when it's the first thing they hear.  The same people might be more
sympathetic if they could hear some albums that don't have a day of the week
in the title, and get a sense of the very diverse back catalogue that they
probably don't realise exists, but that first attracted the older fans.