[Jandek] Corwood 0800: Camber Sands Sunday (or Revenge of the Mannequins)

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:00:41 PST 2009

Just a lovely Xmas gift in my mailbox today, the long awaited 0800! I hope
someone with a working scanner who has this can connect to the cover - it's
pretty cool. A black and white shot of two in-store mannequins dressed in
the latest fashions (of when, who knows) looking off into some plastic
distance. How this fits the music I have no idea - I'll give it a listen and
report back tomorrow. Wanted to get the news out so people can add to their
holiday lists. Here's the song lineup:

1. Pragmatic - 11:24
2. The Crushed Image - 8:45
3. The Idea of You - 11:19
4. Hair of the Dog - 11:05
5. Gone Waiting - 6:37 (As opposed to "THE Gone Waiting," or simply "The
Gone Wait")
6. The Rapture - 8:56
7. My Party - 10:53
8. Stolen Powers - 7:09

Sounds like lovely songs all scheduled to become modern standards (well, in
my book at least). Viva Corwood - welcome to the 0800 era!