[Jandek] Smog

Mark Greenberg mark at mayfairrecordings.com
Tue Sep 2 22:35:25 PDT 2008

Yes, I agree. Smog's first couple of releases are pretty fragmented
and loose... And even later on with records where his drummer is Jim
White who brings a freer looseness to those recordings... There was
surely a certain amount of a Jandek/Dylan inspiration on a good
number of the early Drag City records (see Palace Brothers "Days in
the Wake" LP... Silver Jews "Bright Flight" LP)... I know Bill Smog
is/was a Jandek listener and had many of the records.