[Jandek] Glasgow Friday DVD!

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 22:12:43 PST 2008

Okay, so it's been quite the last few months of releases, eh? Just two weeks
after the gorgeous "London Tuesday" CD comes the "Glasgow Friday" DVD. The
man is playing catch-up!  Here's a quick rundown:

1. Aspect ratio: 16:9
2. Two camera angles, but RADICALLY different (unlike "Brooklyn"). The first
is the "Corwood Cam," and focuses almost exclusively on the Rep, often
simply with head shots. Opens with an entrance from a back corridor (you can
see his face in the hall) as the band is escorted to a "Corwood-Blue" washed
stage. From here on out, the show stays on the Rep, sometimes just head
shots, other times with guitar shots.
3. Camera angle 2 is, to me, the way to see this show. We get a LONGER
opening sequence looking over the cavernous Arches setup, seeing the people
gathered and even the tech crew setup. Then we get to watch the whole band
throw down, and GOD is this good. Great on CD, but a killer show to watch,
and this camera angle is a great introduction course for people new to the
music, I think. This is one of my favorite "electric" shows, and that hasn't
changed.

Don't know if this is an early Christmas or if there's more to come, but
it's a stellar show made even better by the DVD. Aggressive and all over it.
More as I watch more, but I'm STILL catching up with the last few releases!
This, I think, is a good state to be in. Enjoy.

Danen