[Jandek] radio?

Allen Rendel allenrendel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 20:38:54 PDT 2008

WLUW & WZRD in Chicago play Jandek with some regularity.  In fact, one day
about a year ago I was in my car and heard something on the radio that
reminded me of Jandek, but that I did not recognize.  It was pitched very
high and sounded like a strange woman singing.  About half way through the
song, the speed was switched from 45 to 33 and it turned out that it was
indeed Jandek, but they had been playing it at the wrong speed....it only
took them until about 2 minutes into the song to figure it out!