[Jandek] Trubee Interview Transcript

Jamie Morrison jamski at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 15:46:46 PST 2008

I've attached my attempt at transcribing the Trubee interview in Word
format - it's pretty long, because I did the whole thing, including some of
the less pertinent and conversational portions of the tape, just for the
sake of completeness. The only vague point I had (that I can recall) is when
they're talking about Jandek's influences, and he mentions Haydn - I assumed
this was a reference to Josef Haydn, but then he says something like 'Freder
Von Hagen, classical thing'. I don't know if anyone will be any the wiser on
this, or will be able to hear it differently, but please feel free to make
the correction if you do. Also, Seth, please feel free to upload this to the
Jandek site if you see fit!

Transcribing the interview, and consequently paying such close attention to
it, has inspired some thoughts on the whole thing that I'll maybe elaborate
upon and post later.

Jamie