[Jandek] Non-Jandek fans perceptions of Jandek

Feigin Boris railfan93111 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 20:08:13 PDT 2008

Hear, hear! I'm surrounded by people with no music taste, people who are scared to stray even a bit from the cardboard sound of mainstream radio. It is depressing...seriously, sometimes I just want to shake people and shout "aren't you completely bored with mainstream music? Can you not see it all sounds completely the same? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!". Gah!

On a positive note, a couple of people from my church have made a genuine attempt to get into it. One of the girls kept it on rotation in her car for a whole week. In the end, they said it wasn't their cup of tea but I respect that because they listened and tried. One of my friends actually said that it made him realise that all of his music at the moment was all kinda the same and it made him want to go out and diversify the CD collection a bit, which I found very gratifying.

Cheers,Boris
Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT