[Jandek] The Sixth Annual Open-Mic Jandek Cover Night ultra-early warning

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Thu Aug 21 05:58:05 PDT 2008

It's not *quite* that time of year again, but considering that I've
lined up a friendly, enthusiastic venue, I can give people plenty of
advance notice, should anyone be anywhere near Pittsburgh on Wednesday,
November 5.

As ever, the guidelines are simple: anyone can come and play, but you
have to cover a Jandek tune.  *Any* style, genre, instrumentation, or
approach is welcome.  Aesthetic risk-taking is actively encouraged.
(Hey, last year I did a no-input all-feedback version of "Down in a
Mirror.")  Unlike previous years, however, we have room for a drum kit.
Anyone up for "John Plays Drums"?

This year, we're hosting the evening at Your Inner Vagabond
(http://www.yourinnervagabond.com/), a very comfortable coffeehouse and
world lounge in the happening Pittsburgh neighborhood of Lawrenceville.
     Decor is very Middle Eastern--carpets, pillows, low tables...the
perfect setting for someone to tackle "Khartoum," for instance.  YIV
serves a wide variety of delicious teas (iced and hot) and often
astonishing Middle Eastern and Subcontinental desserts, as well as
coffee.  While no alcohol is served, you can BYOB.

So start planning now, folks!  Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 8pm-ish.  No
cover charge, but order something to eat or drink to show some support
for the space.  Your Inner Vagabond is at 4130 Butler St., Pittsburgh
PA, 15201.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/