[Jandek] Appalachian Banjo and Gloomy Sunday

matt love mattlove1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 08:33:01 PDT 2008

Oh, I watched that vid all the way through... now I'm going to have to go
kill myself.

No wait, Snopes says I don't have to:

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/gloomy.asp

It's true that Renzo Seress killed himself - in 1968,  35 years after he
wrote it in 1933 (he's reduced to the status of listener, from composer,
during the course of this remarkably poorly researched video).  That strains
the concept of immediately, though if you take the long view, from the big
bang on, 35 is pretty immediate, but you might as well say in the human
species, death immedicately follows drawing of the first breath.

If you like scary and/or depressing music, check out "Calling All Fiends"
Halloween collection at

http://www.oddiooverplay.com/ears/fiends/

especially "Devil's Candyshop" by Nigel Simmons, it's a cracker.

I have to admit, I was (am?) in a band with Nigel, I brought this song to
their attention, and I have a couple of songs on the compilation myself.

--
Love me, love my vids
http://uk.youtube.com/user/mattlove1