[Jandek] Jandek in Dublin

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:34:21 PDT 2008

So is it me, or is there next to nothing about Jandek's upcoming June show
in Dublin? I mean, it's still kind of early, admittedly. But still...The
only "official" info I can find is here:

http://www.douglashydegallery.com/events/

Note that said link doesn't even mention that the show starts at 8 pm, or is
purported to be a solo acoustic show (have I mentioned how much I want to
see this? Have I?) according to the list posting.

Further exploration of the website led me to this:

http://www.douglashydegallery.com/programme/

Which gives the dates that his exhibition is running. And that leads to
questions like: is this only the album covers? Is this NEW art? Does anyone
know anything about this? The more I think about it, the more I realize how
big this thing is. I recall hearing that there is a coffee table book of the
art in the show coming out. Is this right? Is my memory finally going out?
If I'm reading/recalling all of this correctly, this thing is HUGE! Yet I
can find little to nothing about it. I recall, of course, when all of
Janky's gigs received scores of coverage, and I suppose that time would
inevitably pull back interest, but still...

At any rate, if anyone has anymore info, I'd be curious to see it.

Danen