[Jandek] Jandek & Festivus

Rick Hall gotitundercontrol at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 04:01:59 PST 2007

Maybe that's our man blankly staring at the Festivus Pole, which is just off-camera, on the covers of Later On & Chair Beside A Window.  And what's that on the cover of Graven Image?  A pre-decorative Festivus pole?  C'mon guys, I think we have something here!!!  I mean, Mr. Smith seems like the kind of guy who WOULD find tinsel distracting doesn't he?  And as a former machinist here in Houston, he would be very intrigued by the pole's aluminum composition with it's very high strength-to-weight ratio.  And who knows, we may have a Festivus miracle.......another "Jandek" interview, perhaps?  Let's keep our collective fingers crossed.

Euphorically Giddy
2007 A.D.