[Jandek] Jandek & Sex

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 19:51:17 PDT 2007

On Nov 3, 2007 2:09 AM, Ludo Maas <moderndances at gmail.com> wrote:
> haha, got me thinkin' has our man ever included references to sex in
> his lyrics. i know he sings about broken relationships, but actually
> real body action!? hmm..
> browsing Seth's site, I find 1 mention of the word..

Look at the lyrics to the string of late period studio albums that
seem to cover the rise and demise of a relationship. Really, you can
start reading the lyrics with "The End Of It All" and end at "When I
Took That Train" (though I have a theory that some of the lyrics in
"Glasgow Sunday" are a continuation of this series, but then again I
don't know if this album was recorded anywhere near the same time).
You'll see numerous references to a physical relationship that is not
in any way disturbing, as opposed to the quite disturbing stuff that
comprises several songs on "Somebody in the Snow" and the
aforementioned "You Wake Up Dead Men."(though I get a dark laugh out
of the latter - never say the man lacks a sense of humor, though it is
very black)