[Jandek] Jandek vs 'Zodiac'

Yuval Legendtofski legendtofski at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:31:06 PDT 2007

Just saw the 'Zodiac' film, and couldn't help but get the Byron Coley ref to
Jandek 'tuning his guitar to the signs of the zodiac' outta my head while
watching it, then when I stepped out of the cinema, his latest 'Afternoon of
Insensitivity' with its noirish keyboard swing nailed it all togeht with
balsa wood...then the whole cryptology of Jandeks' shtick, the obsessive
fans trying to solve the mystery, the sporadic appearances and clues, the
weird handwriting...If Jandek was a fan of 'the Matrix' and it's cryptic
philosophy, Finchers cryptic nhilism would prolly work a treat in the same
stew.