[Jandek] Jandek fan fave raves

stacey graham staceygraham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:11:03 PDT 2007

Wondering what those out in Jandek-land are listening to besides Jandek
lately.  This comes up periodically but since things always change it's
interesting to see how peeps are keeping up with the never-ending quest for
good music, and the good people on this list always have good suggestions.

My current fave raves - SANDY BULL "Still Valentines Day" - a live set from
the vaults, guitar ragas + effects + odd backing tapes,   ANGUS
MACLISE "Invasion of Thunderbolt Pagoda" and "Brain Damage in Kansas City" -
really trippy hand-drumming and chanting + hallucinatory found sounds,
SUNN0))) & BORIS "Altar" - more accessible than Sunn0))) usually is, less
accessible than Boris usually is, EARTH "Hybernaculum" - more of the twangy
"hex-era" Earth on some remake/remodels and an original + a great Euro tour
DVD.

Also, if anybody is into the more, um, splattery ends of where music and
performance art meet I recently had the messy pleasure of seeing Jean-Luis
Costes (of Suckdog infamy) and Lisou Prout do their latest performance opera
on the tour stop after their show got stopped in Rapid City for indecency.
It was all that Costes is noted for and then some.  I posted a link to
many photos back on the Rapid City newspapers site at an attempt at
rabble-rousing and in the name of defending free speech and art and ended up
getting all kinds of outraged comments fired at me:

http://thedaydreamnation.blogspot.com/2007/03/destroy-me-lover.html

Beware, the photos are of Costes.  You get what he is famous for.
Cheers to Jandek Land!
Stacey Graham
Minneapolis  MN  USA
http://thedaydreamnation.blogspot.com