[Jandek] Jandek Montreal

Thierry Bissonnette thierry.bissonnette.1 at ulaval.ca
Wed Jun 27 07:20:03 PDT 2007

Fascinating, yes, two hours long. I don¹t have time for details, but I can
tell ³Montreal Sunday² belonged to the long, meditative, narrative series of
the Corwood shows, Jandek gently touching the strings with a closed hand,
Jean Derome (so impressing) with his tenor (?) sax standing in the middle
like a pumping heart, playing various air instruments with a great dramatic
sense, the percussionnist and harpsichordist discreetly following Jandek.
First 20 minutes were so emotionnaly DRENCHING that I spent the rest of the
show trying to concentrate, hypnotized by the very strange mood created by
this mix of instruments. Ghost tale: someone dead talking to a living person
and asking him or her to DIE, insistently (die, pleaaasse, die, etc.). At
one point I could not tell whose voice between the two characters the singer
was taking. As english is not my natural language, I will need the recording
to prolongate the experience.

     Thierry