[Jandek] Re: Sping Magazine by Colby

Erik May erikmay9 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 18:09:42 PST 2007

> —Byron Colby

Who the heck is Byron Colby?

Is this related to that poet "Lord Byron Colby Whigginstocking" or whatsit
called... I gotta admit I skipped that class, never mind why.

If it was by that poet well it sounds like he wrote that poem on the back of
a bubble gum wrapper.  Still it's pretty good for doily English verse
though, kinda makes me wish I didn't skip that class now, if only so I could
interrupt the teacher and tell him what a bunch of nonsense it was.  I mean
it's pretty obvious even to someone like me who's failed English two times
that most of that was made up and didn't rhyme anyway.