[Jandek] Re: jandek Digest, Vol 54, Issue 275

Seth Tisue seth at tisue.net
Sat Jan 27 15:16:59 PST 2007

>>>>> "Aunt" == Aunt Acid <anxietyparty at yahoo.com> writes:

 Aunt> Last week I sent my payment to Corwood for "Austin Sunday" and
 Aunt> "The Ruins of Adventure." I included what might be a top 5 "Holy
 Aunt> Grail" question, not expecting an answer. Namely "Have the studio
 Aunt> albums been released in the same order they were recorded."

 Aunt> And he answered me with a simple "yes"

 Aunt> While I guess it's still open for debate WHEN he recorded the
 Aunt> albums, it seems they've came out chronologically. Which isn't
 Aunt> too big of a shock, but still interesting to know.

 Aunt> Well damn! That puts my theory about the albums right out the
 Aunt> window!

That's very interesting, but I have to say, I think it's entirely
possible, in fact likely, that Corwood is referring only to the recent
studio albums.  ("Recent" could mean beginning with Twelfth Apostle
(1993), or perhaps a later milestone like Put My Dream on This Planet
(2000) or I Threw You Away (2002).)

--
Seth Tisue | http://tisue.net